- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Ice Age Mammals
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
Save the Date: First Annual Buffalo Stampede 5K Race/3K Walk
At the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
USTF certified 5K, out and back.
Slight uphill out and downhill back; smooth and fast.
Course Overview (external link)
In the 5K trophies will be given to the top three finishers in the following male and female age groups: 12 and under, 13 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 69, 70 and over. Overall male and female finishers will also receive a Buffalo sculpture trophy.
The walk will be non-competitive without awards.
Event will be held RAIN or SHINE
Will be presented to all participants
This event will benefit the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
Entry Fee and Registration
$15 before Sept 30th
$20 on RACE DAY
Registration Form [PDF]
Race packets may be picked up at the Museum on Friday, October 2nd
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History cordially invites you to join us in sponsoring our first Buffalo Stampede to be held on October 3, 2009, at 8 am at the Brazos Center in Bryan.
As a Buffalo Stampede Sponsor, you have the opportunity to:
- celebrate our natural and cultural history and almost 50 years of the Museum’s service to the Brazos Valley,
- demonstrate your leadership as an individual who values education in the arts and sciences, and
- support the Museum in providing quality educational and cultural programs and enhancing our quality of life.
In appreciation for your support, we provide a variety of sponsorship benefits listed on the Sponsorship Registration Form and Flyer [PDF].
Plan to stick around after the race and enjoy this festive living history fair!