- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Ice Age: Brazos Valley and Beyond
- Ice Age Mammals
- Monitor & Virginia: Ironclads at War
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Reconstructing the USS Westfield, A Civil War Gunboat
- Road to Discovery: the Parent Child Interface
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
2014 Summer Nature Camp Sessions
2014 Summer Nature Camp
For complete details, please visit Summer Nature Camp.
June 9–June 13: Texas Tribes
We’ll trek across Texas to learn about the many native tribes that have called Texas home. As we study their traditions and skills, we’ll find out why it’s important to appreciate what they have taught us.
June 16–June 20: Wild about Wildlife
Are you wild about wildlife? Then come enjoy this week as we explore the entire animal kingdom and learn all about birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals, fish, and much more. Discover amazing animal wonders!
June 23–June 27: The Ice Age
From giant armadillos to mammoths to saber-toothed cats, we’ll learn about Ice Age animals and this prehistoric time when Earth looked very different than today. We’ll also learn about the people who thrived during the Ice Age, and how they lived and hunted. Join us on this cool adventure!
June 30–July 4: Life on a Farm
How far back do farms date? Are there different kinds of farms? This week we’ll explore life on a farm, meet some live fabulous farm animals, and learn about the important role that farms play in ecosystems and local economies.
July 7–July 11: Chemistry 101
Matter... Atoms... Elements... Reactions! We’ll learn all about this and more as we study the basics of chemistry and try out a few experiments of our own.
July 14–July 18: Dynamic Dinos
Let’s leap back in time to better understand the clues to the past that dinosaur fossils offer. Come be a part of this prehistoric adventure as we learn all about popular dinosaurs and some of the latest dino discoveries.
July 21–July 25: NO CAMP THIS WEEK
July 28–August 1: Ancient Greeks & Romans
The influence of these two cultures is still seen today in art, medicine, science, and more! This week, we’ll be time travelers and experience life during this exciting and influential Greco-Roman era.
August 4–August 8: The Great Outdoors
Join us as we venture outdoors for a great adventure! Come with us as we learn about natural disasters and how some famous landmarks were formed. Your child will also have fun exploring camping and outdoor safety techniques to better enjoy the world outside!
August 11–August 15: Junior Detectives
Put your observation skills to the test! From understanding finger prints to unraveling DNA mysteries, we’ll take part in fun forensic investigations. We’ll also meet local law enforcement and emergency personnel and learn about their role in keeping our community safe.
August 18–August 22: An Amazing Race!
Join us on an adventure around the globe as we take on an amazing race challenge! We’ll explore a different local cuisine, currency, traditions, wildlife, and much more each day.