- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Ice Age Mammals
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
Spring 2012: Adventures in Oceanography: Exploring the Deep Blue Sea
A day camp specializing in bringing children and nature together.
Join the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History as we take your child on an exciting adventure in oceanography!
Each day your child will explore the world’s fascinating oceans and find out about scientists’ discoveries beneath the ocean floors. They will investigate the threats the oceans face every day, learn about underwater volcanoes, ocean mapping, amazing animals such as blue whales and anglerfish, and much, much more!
Reserve your child’s spot today!
Camp will run from 9am to 3pm at the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History.
Before and after camp will be offered for an additional fee.
Monday, March 12
Tuesday, March 13
Wednesday, March 14
Thursday, March 15
Friday, March 16
Highlighting the Museum’s current exhibition, Getting to the Core: the JOIDES Resolution, this week will be filled with exciting lessons, educational games, crafts, and one-on-one presentations by scientists from the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program at Texas A&M University.
Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind experience!
Lunch must be provided for all children.
Please include 2 snacks and a water bottle.
Before Camp/After Camp Care
Before and After Camp Care is available for an additional fee of $5 per hour. All campers must arrange Before and After Camp Care prior to the day needed.
Late fees may be assessed for late pick-ups.
Pre-registration is required for your child to attend, and half of the total registration fee is needed to hold your child’s
space. Museum programs fill quickly, so please register early.
All registrants must pay in advance. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Telephone registrations cannot be accepted.
To register your child or children for this program, please submit one form per child using one of the following methods:
Register by Mail
Mail completed registration form(s) and payment to:
Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
Attn: Spring Mini Camp
3232 Briarcrest Drive
Bryan, Texas 77802
Register by Fax
Fax this form to the Museum at (979)774-0252. A check must be received at the above address within five (5) working days either by mail or in person or your child’s reservation will be cancelled.
Members: $40 per camp day (plus a one-time $2 County Facility Use Fee)
Non-Members: $45 per camp day (plus a one-time $2 County Facility Use Fee)
All registrants must pay in advance. Registrations accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Fill Session Discount: $10 discount offered for registration of all 5 sessions
Sibling Discount: $2 per session discount offered for each additional child
Refunds are not available unless a replacement camper is located to fill the vacancy.